Yup. And so so so so old. Literally no. But, whatever. I´m not thinking about it and all is well.
So, transfers happened and literally nothing changed. I´m spending another transfer in Porto with Sister Briggs! I´m super happy about it, because we get along really well, and I really like this area and it means we get to keep working with our Brazilian family!! Who...speaking of, get this. This week, we had divisions, and Sister Briggs and Sister Silva passed by Adriana and Wellington in their fruit shop. Well, Sister Silva asked Adriana what her name is and then she responded, `Adriana` and then Wellington responded `Adriana....middle name...other middle name...other middle name...last name....AND THEN HIS LAST NAME!` And then they just looked at each other and giggled. OH MY GOSH I DIE. I LOVE LOVE. They`re totally getting married!! AND we get to stay here and keep working with them!! AH I COULDNT BE HAPPIER!!
I´m going to pull a Sister Jackson and tell you 22 things I´ve learned since being in the mission, but that seems like a really long list. So, we´ll see if I make it there.
1. God loves ALL of His children. He knows us individually and personally and He is involved in the details of our lives.
2. The church is true. Literally, it couldn´t not be.
3. NOTHING happens for a reason. Every single experience comes as a way to help us grow and learn and be better prepared to meet our Heavenly Father.
4. I have the best family and friends in the whole world, and I would be lost without each and every one of you.
5. I have an unhealthy love for mail. And Im pretty sure the whole mission knows it.
6. I can survive almost a year without real Diet Coke. (But not without Coke Light too.)
7. And television. Miracles people.
8. I think I love too much. But, there is no such thing as too much love, so just keep on loving, because really, its the best.
9. The Book of Mormon really can help you come closer to Christ than any other book on the face of the earth. Read it. It´s the best.
10. This is the most important work on earth. It is the Lord´s purpose and it should be our purpose too.
11. I shouldve paid more attention in seminary--I sincerely apologize to all of you teachers.
12. God answers prayers. Every. Single. One of them. In his own time and in his own way, but He answers our prayers. Even when it is just that the bus is 10 minutes late and still hasnt come, and you dont have an ounce of energy left in you to walk, so you say a little prayer ´seja feita a tua vontade´ and you open your eyes and the bus is coming around the corner. God is good always.
13. Hotels on missions are real things. Like Dad said, you never know unless you ask. Well, guess who asked, and guess who has been living in a hotel for the last week? #highlife #notmad #imgonnamisshavingmaidsnextweek #portugalmission
14. Revelation is real and the promises in the Book of Mormon and from our Prophets are real. The Lord is bound when we do what He says. Also, personal revelation is real and the coolest thing that anyone can ever experience. And the Spirit is the greatest feeling in the whole world.
15. I will never adjust to Portuguese food, and I think I could survive without ever eating rice again. Or lettuce with
16. I think the Lord sent me to Portugal so I would love Brazilians, because if I was in Brazil I wouldnt have appreciated them enough. And oh they are truly such an elect people. I love them I love them I love them.
17. The Lord is preparing His children EVERYWHERE. Literally, everywhere. Keep sharing the good news of Jesus Christ.
18. Memorizing scriptures is actually really fun and really useful---except when you realize that you only know them in Portuguese and you have no idea what is says in English and thats not going to help you very much in a year from now.
19. I am so so so so SO blessed. I cannot even begin to understand why the Lord has blessed me so much, but I could not be more grateful.
20. Prayers of just gratitude are so powerful and so important.
21. LIFE IS NOT THAT BAD. Seriously. Life is actually SO good. We are so blessed. Every single person has blessings in their life. When we focus on the good and keep a positive attitude, every thing goes a million times better. Plus, we are here to be happy. Why not have fun along this marvelous journey and just laugh when a bird poops on you twice in on week?
22. Forget yourself and go to work is real, and so so so good.
23. I love this Gospel more than anything. Following the Lord´s will is more important than anything else. He wants to bless us. He is just waiting to give us his blessings. He knows what is best for us, and if it is in his plan for us, it will happen. So, we have no need to worry about ourselves, we just do the Lord´s work and focus on others, and we will be blessed. The Lord knows the desires of our hearts.
Yeah, okay, I made it to 23, and I could probably keep going, but thats good for now. I love you all with all of my whole heart. All of those Sam Week and DC pics brought so much joy to my soul. You are the most perfect humans in all of the whole world and I love you more than you know.
AND!!! WE´RE GETTING A NEW PUPPY!!! IVE NEVER BEEN HAPPIER IN MY WHOLE LIFE!!! OH I CANT WAIT TO MEET LITTLE SPART 2.0!!!
I LOVE YOU!!
Porto 1 e 2. Goodbyes are so hard. Except....whatever ahha.
birthday life. dc and hotel rooms.